Most of you have read the following post on existing ironies going around in whatsapp groups. Thought would pen down my views on these so called ironies.
1. Politicians *Divide* us, Terrorists *Unite* us.
– Politicians Divide us, Terrorists further divide us
2. Everyone is in hurry , but *no one* reaches in time.
-The person who wrote this has never boarded a train or a flight, i am sure.
3. Priyanka Chopra earned more money playing *Mary Kom*, than the Mary Kom earned in her entire career.
–That probably does not count all the money Mary Kom will continue to earn as Mary Kom while Priyanka will be searching for another champion’s used shoes.
4. Its dangerous to talk to a *strangers,* but it is perfectly ok to marry one.
– Yes it is perfectly OK to talk to strangers when you know his name, his fathers name, his mothers name, where he works, where he lives , how much he earns, his bank balance , the size of his room, his waist, his feet ….. even how many legs his pet dog has.
5. Most people who fight over *Gita and Quran*, have probably never read any of them.
–Do you think all our politicians have read the constitution or understand the fiscal policy?Had the terrorists read the Gita or Quran, the world would have been a better place provided of course the other group read 50% of what they are supposed to.
6. We rather spend more on our daughter’s *wedding* than on her *education*
–Cause the percentge of successful ROI for education is definitely less than a cleverly maanipulated wedding in our society.
7. The *shoes* that we wear are sold in air conditioned show rooms, the *vegetables* that we eat are sold on the footpaths.
–the day brinjals cost 4000 /kg and potato for 2000 a bag, they will most definitely be. I am glad that they are still sold on footpaths.
8. *Most* of the guys who have been ignored by Girls in young age, possesses actually the nicest and better husband material.
–It pays to wait. See the options before pressing the buzzer
9. We live in a country where seeing a *policeman* makes us nervous rather than feeling safe.
–Not sure about you, but the sight of a policeman in any country makes me nervous. Jokes apart, he represents the same social system we practice. Why only policeman, even the income tax inspector, the customs guy, the plumber, the electrician , the fruit seller and even the guy next to me at the ATM line, all makes me nervous to varying extents.
10. In IAS exam, a person writes a brilliant 1500 words essay about how Dowry is a social evil and *cracks the exam* by impressing everyone.
One year later same person demands a dowry in crores, because he is an IAS officer.
–Proves once again that degrees and education are like venus and mars.
11. Indians are very *shy* and still are 128 Crores.
–From when did, not being exhibitionist or showing public affection is being considered as shyness? Thank God that they are shy, at least untill they are married.
12. Indians are obsessed with screen guards on their smartphones even though most come with scratch proof Gorilla Glass but never bother wearing a *helmet* while riding bikes.
–Do you go about suggesting everybody to put protective gear on his smartphone? Its their head, let them bother. Why be a warden for a deliberate offence. Only ensure that without helmets you do not get any insurance claim for yourself but have to compensate 3rd party damages. And no government aid packages please. No helmet no charity.
13. It is shallow to ask for *dowry* but prospective bride grooms should make six or seven figured salaries and *preferably* *settled* in USA.
-That is being upmarket dear. Learn to speak the right jargon.
14. *A porn-star* is accepted in society as a celebrity, but *a rape victim* is not even accepted as a normal human being.
If you are good at something by choice you will be a celebrity. But comparing the two is grossly atrocious.
*Best ever lines :*
Try to understand people before trusting them … *Because* we are living in such a world, where artificial lemon flavor is used for *”WELCOME DRINK”* and real lemon is used in *”FINGER BOWL”*😊…!
-Just no arguments on this. I rest my case.